Michigan QB Denard Robinson racks up 4th national watch list appearance, this one for Manning Award
Michigan football quarterback Denard Robinson was named on Wednesday to his fourth preseason watch list, the most of any Wolverines player.
The senior is among 25 players included on the watch list for the Manning Award, which goes to the nation's best quarterback. He also has been tabbed for the Walter Camp Award (player of the year), Maxwell Award (most outstanding player) and Davey O'Brien Award (best quarterback).
Melanie Maxwell | AnnArbor.com
Big Ten media days are Thursday and Friday in Chicago. Robinson will be in attendance, and will represent the league's players during a speech Friday. Junior offensive tackle Taylor Lewan and senior safety Jordan Kovacs also will be in Chicago, as well as coach Brady Hoke.
Robinson joins Big Ten quarterbacks Taylor Martinez (Nebraska) and James Vandenberg (Iowa) on the Manning list.
No Michigan player has won the award, which was given last year to Baylor's Robert Griffin III.
Other Michigan players to appear on watch lists this summer:
- Fitz Toussaint (Doak Walker Award for best running back, Maxwell Award for most outstanding player)
- Brendan Gibbons (Lou Groza Award for best kicker)
- Jordan Kovacs (Bronko Nagurski Trophy for best defender)
- Taylor Lewan (Rotary Lombardi Award for best lineman/linebacker, Outland Trophy for best tackle/guard/center)
- Roy Roundtree (Biletnikoff Award for top receiver)