roundup: Superstorm Sandy: Stories, photos and videos from the devastation
AP Photo/ John Minchillo
Photos, video and stories from media outlets across the U.S. are showing the effects the storm has had on the country and millions of people.
Here's a roundup of media coverage of the storm:
- Interactive graphic: Assessing Damage from Hurricane Sandy -- The New York Times. Graphic shows a map of power failures across the Northeast, flooding maps and photos, time-lapse maps of wind damage and the status of various subway lines.
- Stories, photos and videos: N.J. ices black eyes across state after taking Sandy's punches -- NJ.com. Story provides overview of storm damage across New Jersey, including three deaths. See NJ.com's full Hurricane Sandy coverage here.
- Liveblog: Liveblog: Hurricane Sandy’s Terrible Toll -- New York Magazine. Readers interact on the site as damage is assessed.
- Story & video: Sandy claims HMS Bounty off North Carolina -- CNN. The story and video detail the Monday sinking of the British replica ship off the coast of North Carolina. One crew member died, and the captain remains missing.
See a video rescue of crew members below:
- Video: A fire destroyed 50 homes Monday night in Beezy Point, Queens, as Hurricane Sandy ravaged New York. Twenty five people were rescued from an awning. -- Reuters
Below, a photo of the aftermath of that fire:
AP Photo/Frank Franklin II
- Photo gallery & overview: Mega storm Sandy causes at least 33 deaths, leaves millions without power -- USA Today via Detroit Free Press.
- Photos: Seaside Heights Boardwalk Partially Destroyed; Rides, Pier In Water -- Brick Patch. Photos and story detail damage to the popular seaside attractions.
AP Photo/Charles Sykes
Where are you finding your news? Add your links in the comments.