FireKeepers Casino donates 200 turkeys to Food Gatherers
- Rolling Hills Water Park to open for Memorial Day weekend with $4.5M in upgrades
- Cobblestone Farm Farmers Market open for the summer
- Saline baseball forces one-inning conference championship playoff and more Monday results
- Michigan football golf outing caps $1 million fundraising weekend for Mott Children's Hospital
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Lake to Lake Web/cache/11162012_NEWS_LakeToLake_JT_01_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Lake to Lake Web/cache/11162012_NEWS_LakeToLake_JT_02_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Lake to Lake Web/cache/11162012_NEWS_LakeToLake_JT_03_fullsize.JPG
- /calendar/photologue/photos/Lake to Lake Web/cache/11162012_NEWS_LakeToLake_JT_04_fullsize.JPG
Twenty-one credit union locations statewide are participating in the drive.
Last Trust Credit Union at 2180 W. Stadium Blvd is collecting nonperishable food items and personal care products that will be donated to Food Gatherers. The drive goes until 6 p.m.
Around noon, FireKeepers Casino came by to drop off a donation of 200 turkeys. The casino from Battle Creek has donated a total of 1,000 turkeys all over Michigan and northern Indiana.
Food Gatherers Director of Development Mary Schlitt said that the 200 turkeys donated for the Lake To Lake Food Drive already are assigned to families in the area.