Electrical fire reported at Ypsilanti home cause no injuries
The Ypsilanti Fire Department arrived to the scene of an electrical fire at 2:17 p.m. on Wednesday at house at 417 N. Adams St., in Ypsilanti. The house is converted in to four apartments.
Captain Dan Cain said it was caused by an electrical short and the actual fire was confined to the attic.
According to Cain, they had to call in an electrician and turn off all the power to the building to safely extinguish the fire. They gained access to the attic by tearing through the kitchen ceiling below.
No injuries were sustained during the fire. Cain said there was $14,000 worth of damage limited to one of the apartments.