Fire reported in restroom at Dexter's Pub
Courtney Sacco | AnnArbor.com
Editor's note: This article was updated at 3 p.m. with information from the Dexter Area Fire Department.
Firefighters extinguished a fire in the women's restroom at Dexter's Pub in downtown Dexter Monday morning.
Lt. Tim Burke of the Dexter Area Fire Department, said he saw flames in the ceiling and on the floor when he entered the building and used a few bursts from a fire hose to put it out.
A malfunctioning exhaust fan may have caused the fire, Burke said. Plastic pieces from the ventilation system were burning, he said, and some of those fell on the floor.
The restaurant had just opened when the fire was reported shortly after 11 a.m., Burke said, and employees evacuated the building.
Firefighters from Scio Township as well as the Dexter Area Fire Department responded. There were no injuries.
The pub was open for business Monday afternoon. Dexter’s Pub in downtown Dexter Monday morning.