Links: South Carolina beating Michigan is a popular Outback Bowl pick; Steve Spurrier still has juice
From about the minute after the selections for the 2013 Outback Bowl were announced, the Michigan football team sat as an underdog.
Nearly a month later, nothing's changed.
Michigan will enter Tuesday's game in Tampa, Fla. as a 4 1/2-point underdog to South Carolina -- and just about every national expert on the planet is going with the Gamecocks in this one.
Five out of six CBSsports.com experts are going with South Carolina, while all four Fox Sports pundits -- former Detroit Lions quarterback Joey Harrington included -- are going with Steve Spurrier and company.
ESPN.com's Big Ten Blog tandem of Brian Bennett and Adam Rittenberg are also on board with South Carolina in this one, as both have the Gamecocks finishing with a victory.
"South Carolina's fearsome defense has shut down better attacks in wins against Clemson and Georgia this season and will soon enough figure out Al Borges' bag of tricks," Bennett wrote. "Michigan jumps ahead early on a long Robinson run and a Gardner touchdown pass. Jadeveon Clowney & Co. lock things down in the second half, and Connor Shaw runs for a pair of scores for the Gamecocks. ... South Carolina 24, Michigan 17."
More Outback Bowl links:
• Steve Spurrier is 67, but that doesn't mean he's lost any of his trademark charisma or fire. Mark Snyder of the Detroit Free Press explains.
• More Spurrier: The Tampa Bay Times says the old ball coach is 67, going on 47.
• From Denard Robinson to Devin Gardner, the torch has been passed, according to Bob Wojnowski of the Detroit News.
• South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney looked like an NFL player in high school. He still does. ESPN's take.
• ESPN's College GameDay crew breaks down the Michigan-South Carolina Outback Bowl matcup.
-- Download the Michigan football on MLive app for iPhone and Android
-- Download the Michigan basketball on MLive app for iPhone and Android
-- Follow Kyle Meinke and Nick Baumgardner on Twitter
-- Like MLive's Michigan Wolverines Facebook