It's Gameday! Michigan brings in Illinois for homecoming (3:30 p.m., ABC)
• Who: Illinois (2-4, 0-2) at No. 25 Michigan (3-2, 1-0)
• Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. at Michigan Stadium
• Live Blog: Join the MLive conversation at 2:30 p.m.
• TV: ABC
• Radio: WWJ-AM 950 Detroit, Sirius/XM Ch. 91
• Latest spread: Michigan -25
MUST READS BEFORE KICKOFF
A compilation of our coverage leading into the game.
• Brady Hoke has no concerns with Fitz Toussaint as his starting running back, and isn't thinking about splitting his carries with Thomas Rawls.
• Continued production from the "unorthodox" Jake Ryan is one of Kyle Meinke's five keys to victory for this week.
• Illinois quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase is back to his old self after struggling with an ankle injury earlier this season.
• Michigan struggled in the red zone against Illinois last season, and wasn't great against Purdue. Improvement inside the 20 has been a focus this week.
• Jeremy Gallon isn't frustrated with his lack of punt return yardage at this point, and neither is Brady Hoke.
• Freshman defensive tackle Ondre Pipkins continues to grow on the field, and is seeing a rise in playing time.
• Speaking of freshmen: Tight end Devin Funchess has wowed the coaching staff with his hands this season, even when he's grabbing passes with one of them.
READERS REACT: WOLVERINES ISSUE OF THE WEEK
Michigan running back Fitz Toussaint has just 169 yards through four appearances this season, and despite the fact that Hoke is comfortable with him, his production hasn't been great. The Wolverines need more production from that position, especially as Big Ten play continues. Is it time to look at Thomas Rawls?
• hebner: Let him run out of his slump for ten carries, but if he struggles put Rawls in the game. Rawls needs more than mop up carries, lets see how he does with 20 carries. It is no shame to go through a slump Fitz, just be ready for msu, nebraska, and ohio!
• Nick Pappas: Start Rawls. I know he played when the game was already over, but he looked good. Start him, but Fitz down on the depth chart with Smith second or first depending, to send a message to Fitz he needs to play better. Just my two cents.
• Navydoc8408: Why is Hoke so reluctant to put Rawls into the game for a number of carries? It it quite obvious that Fitz is not the back he was last year (regardless of Hoke's confidence booster statement), so why not give Rawls a chance? There must be more than is obvious to the fans as why Rawls is not playing and Fitz is. Hoke backs Toussaint, yet no mention of Rawls or anyone else. Strange indeed.
• Tally10: Even if Fitz gets on track, the coaches should still mix in TR, and also use them both in do. back sets. Alabama uses a 3 back rotation, it works for them. Purdue's focus was to stop the run and DR, the RO is what they struggled with, and the runs by Fitz helped continue setting up the RO. Like my coach used to say, " How long do you run a play...until they stop it. " Borges didn't need to pass more, what they were doing was working. I'm usually hard on Borges, but I'm fair, so I'll also show him some love. Good game call ( management ) Borges!!!
• obe1ball: It's time for Rawls to start getting some real action. I'm all for at least splitting carries between he and Fitz. Maybe this will motivate Fitz, nothing else really has. Rawls doesn't dance around(like Fitz), he hits the hole violently, without indecision.
KYLE AND NICK'S TAKE
• MLive.com Wolverines writers Kyle Meinke and Nick Baumgardner offer their thoughts on Michigan-Illinois -- in video form.
• Kyle's pick: Michigan 44, Illinois 10
• Nick's pick: Michigan 34, Illinois 7
BIG TEN SCHEDULE
• Iowa at Michigan State (noon, ESPN)
• Northwestern at Minnesota (noon, ESPN2)
• Wisconsin at Purdue (noon, Big Ten Network)
• No. 8 Ohio State at Indiana (8 p.m., Bigt Ten Network)
BIG TEN STANDINGS
Iowa 3-2 1-0
Michigan 3-2 1-0
Northwestern 5-1 1-1
Michigan State 4-2 1-1
Nebraska 4-2 1-1
Minnesota 4-1 0-1
Team W/L League
Ohio State* 6-0 2-0
Penn State* 4-2 2-0
Wisconsin 4-2 1-1
Purdue 3-2 0-1
Indiana 2-3 0-2
Illinois 2-4 0-2
• - denotes teams ineligible for conference title