People & achievements in the greater Ann Arbor area, including United Bank & Trust and DesignHub
From new hires and promotions to industry awards, here's a roundup of achievements by businesses and individuals in the greater Ann Arbor area:
• United Bank & Trust Sept. 20 announced the winners of its Chairman’s Club Award for the second quarter of 2012. Each quarter, Chairman’s Club honorees are nominated and chosen by fellow co-workers for outstanding organizational commitment, support, client service, flexibility, teamwork and cooperation. Gidget Rowe, financial advisor and officer, Steven Scott, senior network engineer, and Angie Seiser, deposit operations representative, were selected as the recipients of the award for second quarter 2012. United Bank & Trust is a community-based financial services company located in Washtenaw, Lenawee, Livingston and Monroe Counties in Michigan.
• The Corner Health Center, a Ypsilanti-based nonprofit primary healthcare provider for youth, has launched a new website: www.cornerhealth.org. The site was designed and developed by DesignHub Inc., a creative services and marketing firm with headquarters in Saline.
• Con-way Multimodal, a freight brokerage division of Con-way Inc.'s operating unit Menlo Worldwide Logistics, on Sept. 19 named Dallas as the location for its business headquarters. The headquarters resides at the same location as the new operations office Con-way Multimodal opened last November in Frisco, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. The existing Con-way Multimodal network also includes offices in Ann Arbor, Portland and Bentonville, Ark.
• An Ann Arbor travel photographer recently won an award from the Society of American Travel Writers during the SATW annual convention. The 2012-2013 Bill Muster Photo Competition each year gives out gold, silver and bronze awards in categories that include natural scenes, cultural, people, action, animals, and overall portfolio. In the "People General" category, the silver award went to Dennis Cox of Ann Arbor. The winning photos are on display at www.satw.org/index.php/awards/photo-competition. More of Cox's work can be seen at www.denniscox.com.
• Nordstrom announced Sept. 19 it would open three new Rack stores around the country, including one at Arborland shopping center in Ann Arbor. The Michigan showroom is expected to begin operations in spring 2013.
• Boston-based ToolsGroup and Ann Arbor-based LLamasoft Sept. 20 announced a new strategic alliance to bring their complementary supply chain optimization and planning solutions to the market. LLamasoft focuses on supply chain design and ToolsGroup on supply chain planning.
• For the fourth consecutive year, Campfire Interactive, Inc., an Ann Arbor-based software company, was named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest-growing private companies in America. The complete list is available at www.inc.com/5000.
Email items for People & Achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for the weekly Business Review email newsletter here.