datebook: Michigan Energy Forum on 25x25 plan, and more
Datebook is your source for information about important business events going on in the greater Ann Arbor area.
• Sept. 6: Michigan Energy Forum: 25x25, a Michigan Renewables Ballot Initiative. 5-7 p.m. SPARK Central, 330 E. Liberty, Ann Arbor. Michigan voters will face a choice on an amendment to the Michigan constitution which establishes a renewable portfolio standard objective of 25 percent by 2025 for electricity providers. The current Michigan standard is 10 percent by 2015. There are issues of jobs, economics, environment, law, and flexibility to be examined by our panelists. What are the pros and cons? Understand the implications of a constitutional amendment. Free. More info: http://www.annarborusa.org/events/details?e=11317.
Other upcoming events:
• Sept. 5: Selling Smart Workshop- Communicating Value with Questions Ann Arbor SPARK. 9-11 a.m. SPARK Central, 330 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor. Free. More info: 734-372-4071 or email@example.com.
• Sept. 13: The Women's Exchange of Washtenaw annual forum: Now We’re Talking. 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Morris Lawrence Building, Washtenaw Community College, 4800 E. Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor. $89 in advance, $109 at the door. Register at www.wxwannualforum.com.
• Sept. 14: Fall into IT. 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Online Tech's Ann Arbor Data Center, 5430 Data Court, Suite 400, Ann Arbor. Free. More info: 734-213-2020 or http://www.onlinetech.com/resources/events/seminars/fall-into-it.
• Sept. 18: American Business Women's Association: The Best Kept Secret of Working Women Revealed. 6-8 p.m. Quarter Bistro, 300 S. Maple St., Ann Arbor. Free. More information and registration: www.abwa-maia.org.