WITH GALLERY: 2013 North American International Auto Show drives back into Detroit
- Saline baseball forces one-inning conference championship playoff and more Monday results
- Michigan football golf outing caps $1 million fundraising weekend for Mott Children's Hospital
- Michigan softball advances to super regional with 3-1 win over California
- Pair of Lauren Sweet home runs lift Michigan softball past California
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Jeep/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_05__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Jeep/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_04__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Jeep/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_03__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Jeep/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_02__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Jeep/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_01__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Mercedes/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_17__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Mercedes/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_14__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Mercedes/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_13__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Mercedes/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_12__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Mercedes/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_11__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 BMW/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_10__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 BMW/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_09__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Mercedes/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_16jpg__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Mercedes/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_15__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 BMW/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_07__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 BMW/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_06__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Bentley/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_24__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Bentley/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_19__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Bentley/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_20__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Bentley/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_18__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Bentley/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_21__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Bentley/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_22__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Other/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_23__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Other/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_25__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Toyota/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_36__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Toyota/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_37__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Toyota/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_38A__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Toyota/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_39__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Hyundai/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_40__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Hyundai/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_38__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Hyundai/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_42__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Hyundai/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_43__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Hyundai/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_44__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Hyundai/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_45__fullsize.jpg
- /calendar/photologue/photos/00 Other/cache/011413_BIZ_NAIAS_MRM_46__fullsize.jpg
A new Chevrolet Corvette has car enthusiasts drooling over online photo galleries, while over at the headquarters of GM and Chrysler, executives are celebrating their award-winning truck and car designs.
There's no doubt about it, the North American International Auto Show is Detroit's annual Super Bowl event. Whether you're looking for the next vehicle to shuttle your kids around in or just have an opportunity to sit in that convertible you've always dreamed about, the auto show is a fun and education event all around.
Tanya Moutzalias | Mlive.com
AnnArbor.com and Mlive will be bringing you reports from the 2013 show throughout the next few weeks. To catch you up, here are some of the notes to prepare you for when the doors open to the public on Saturday:
- You may have to throw a few extra elbows to catch a glimpse of the more popular displays as attendance numbers are expected to be higher than in recent years.
- Just in case you were having trouble differentiating the car company and the US President it was named after, Lincoln now bears a new name.
Tanya Moutzalias | Mlive.com
- You'll notice some changes around Cobo Hall, the atrium space in particular, as the $300 million renovation project hammers away.
- Electronic charging stations have been popping up all around Ann Arbor, and the emphasis on electric powered vehicles, hybrid engines and increased MPG is stronger than ever. Notable new vehicles in this area to check out this year include an 89 mpg SUV from VW, hybrid-electric concept from Nissan and Cadillac with Volt-based technology.
- Of course, no auto show would be complete without dozens of perfectly polished vehicles with hundreds of horsepower under the hood to make you dream of cruising along Huron River Drive on a sunny summer afternoon. While the Corvette Stingray may have stole this year's show it won't be the only one drawing crowds when there is a new 202 MPH Bentley, Z4 BMW Roadster, and high-performance Audi in the room.
2013 Auto Show Schedule
Industry Preview - January 16-17, 2013
Charity Preview - January 18, 2013
Public Show - January 19-27, 2013
Public Show Hours
Mon-Sat: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
(no admittance after 9 p.m.)
Sun: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
(no admittance after 6 p.m.)
Adults: $12 per person
Seniors: $6 (65 and older)
Children: $6 (7-12 years old; 6 and under free with a parent or guardian)
Tickets can be purchased at the door or online.
Heading to the 2012 show? Send us your photos using the form below or on Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #A2photos.