Recipe: Steamed Spicy Shrimp like Domick's
For the true flavors of your favorite peel and eat shrimp, you must continue to patronize the legendary Dominick's. Part of their flavor may come from the porch setting at Dominick's. Owner Richard DeVarti did share the ingredients but not the exact recipe. We are always happy to see the porch reopened after a long winter.
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pickling spices
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pound raw shrimp in their shells
- additional Old Bay seasoning, if desired
1. In a saucepan, combine the Old Bay seasoning, cider vinegar, pickling spices and water. Bring to a boil.
2. Add shrimp and stir gently. Cover and steam for about 3-4 minutes. Do not over-cook.
3. Drain and serve. Sprinkle with more Old Bay seasoning if desired.
This recipe was adapted by Marge Biancke and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on April 8, 2010.