Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
Pasta. Everyone loves it, it's easy to make, it goes with almost everything and is appropriate no matter what the weather is.
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces green and white rotini
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup jarred pepperoncini, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the asparagus and beans into a pie pan; toss with 2 tablespoons of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and slightly caramelized.
Prepare rotini according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water, then place into a large mixing bowl.
Add the roasted vegetables to the mixing bowl, along with the feta, pepperoncini, oregano, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Combine the pesto, lemon juice and remaining tablespoon of oil; pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 8-10 servings.
This recipe was written by Mary Bilyeu and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 15, 2011.