Recipe: Confetti Pasta
For color, flavor and health benefits, I sauteed some red pepper, green beans and red onion in a butter and balsamic vinegar mixture while the pasta cooked, then combined everything to finish the meal.
- 1 9-ounce package fresh stuffed pasta (i.e.: tortellini, ravioli)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green beans (1/2" dice)
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper (1/2" dice)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion (1/2" dice)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- parmesan, for serving
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt together the oil, vinegar and 1 tablespoon butter. Add the salt, pepper, and vegetables; saute for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beans are just tender when punctured with a knife. Stir in remaining tablespoon of butter.
Drain pasta, and toss with vegetables. Serve topped with parmesan.
Serves 2 as an entree, 4-6 as a side dish.
This recipe was written by Mary Bilyeu and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 21, 2011.