Recipe: Smoked Salmon Spread
I've made many smoked fish spread recipes in my day, and this one is best of breed. Serve with a sliced baguette and coins of cucumber.
Yield: 6 appetizer portions
Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1-2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 cups flaked smoked fish, such as salmon, trout or whitefish
- Pinch or more cayenne
1. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, capers, onion and chives.
2. Cut fish into bite size pieces and stir into sour cream mixture. Season to taste with cayenne and kosher salt, if desired.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 12, 2011.