Recipe: Faux Lobster Rolls
So here's my blatant, no apologies, rip-off of this classic New England sandwich. I brought it to a "Girl's Night" party; the salad in one container and lettuce leaves washed and ready for stuffing in another. I designed the rolls to suit my needs for less fat, less cash and less hassle.
Yield: Enough salad to stuff appx.12 leaves
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen Langostino Tails, thawed* or 1 3/4 cup chopped lobster or
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, homemade or Hellman’s preferred (reduced fat is fine)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1/2-1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 10-16 sturdy romaine or endive leaves, washed
1. Combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, juice, tarragon, chives, black pepper and seafood seasoning.
2. Pat dry thawed langostino tails to remove excess water. Stir into dressing and season to taste with kosher salt. Place in decorative bowl with lettuce wedges on the side for stuffing.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 14, 2011.