Recipe: Roast Halibut and Potatoes with Orange Salad and Smoked Paprika- Sherry Wine Vinaigrette
Eating well at home and not spending a great deal of time in the kitchen is a challenge. I'm always looking for short cuts that don't compromise flavor; making one upscale vinaigrette/dressing and using it to season the protein, starch and salad for a meal is one solution.
Yield: 2 servings?
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Spanish sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 orange, sectioned
- 12 ounces baby potatoes, halved ( 1 1/2-inch long each)
- 4 cups lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.?
2. Zest orange and reserve 1 teaspoon of chopped zest, plus extra for garnish. Remove remove remaining peel, section orange and reserve.
3. Combine olive oil, smoked paprika garlic and zest. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Brush 1/2 teaspoon of dressing on each side of halibut; lightly season one side of fish with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Reserve.
4. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon of dressing and lightly season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. On a foil lined baking seek roast potatoes, cut side down, 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and place halibut on pan. Place back in oven and continues until fish is just cooked through; 10 minutes if you overcook halibut it will toughen quickly.
5. Toss lettuce and sectioned orange with remaining vinaigrette and serve with roasted fish and potatoes.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on March 22, 2011.