Recipe: Fresh Corn Salad in an Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Here's a salad inspired by an Ina Garten recipe, brilliant in its simplicity.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 5 ears of corn
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallot
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse corn under cold water. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
2. Whisk together the oil, vinegar and shallot. Stir the corn, tomatoes and basil into the vinaigrette. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe was adapted by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 9, 2011.