Recipe: Chicken with blueberry mustard sauce, adapted from a recipe on Cooks.com
The blueberry mustard sauce can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries and brightens up an ordinary boneless chicken breast.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled or sauteed to your liking
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 to 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Saute finely chopped onion in two tablespoons vegetable oil until translucent. Stir in Dijon mustard, white wine, blueberries, lemon juice, honey and cinnamon. Simmer over low heat until blueberries have softened and become tender, about ten to fifteen minutes.
2. Slice cooked chicken diagonally and arrange on serving plate drizzled with blueberry mustard sauce.
This recipe was written by Jessica Webster and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 8, 2011.