Recipe: Pork Roast with orange sauce
Roasting lean pork roast or pork tenderloins, which often go on sale, are incredibly easy and versatile. Don't hesitate to substitute another fruit marmalade, preserve, chutney, maple syrup or honey for the orange marmalade. Roasted or smashed sweet potatoes and barley would be deliciously healthy accompaniments to this roast.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Roast Time: 45-60 minutes
Cost: apx. $13.00
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Juice from 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1, 2 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- Flat Italian parsley, optional garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375?.
2. Combine ginger, juice from orange, soy sauce, garlic and orange marmalade. Brush mixture over pork. Liberally season pork with freshly ground pepper. Allow to rest, at room temperature, 30 minutes.
3. Place pork, fat side down, on a lightly greased broiler pan or roasting rack. Roast pork 30 minutes then turn roast fat side up. Baste with pan juices. Roast an additional 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155?, taking care not to overcook.
4. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Serve with accumulated pan juices and garnished with Italian parsley, if desired.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Jan. 25, 2010.