Recipe: Grilled Balsamic Chicken Breasts with Pesto Pasta
Here's a very simple recipe that utilizes the plethora of stone fruits and peas becoming available to us at this time of year.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups sugar peas, trimmed
- 2 large ripe peaches or nectarines, washed, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest and 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Blanch peas 15 seconds. Drain and rinse with icy cold water.
2.Select a bowl large enough to accommodate the peas and nectarines. Whisk together ginger, soy sauce, oil, orange juice, honey and sesame seeds.
3.Toss the dressing with the peas and nectarines to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Aug. 15, 2011.