Recipe: My Favorite Blender Margarita
Here's a no-fuss way to entertain. Purchase ready-made salsa and chips, place chips in basket and salsa in colorful bowl, make blender margaritas, and serve.
Yield: 2-4 drinks
Time: 15 minutes
- Zest and juice from 2 juicy limes, plus 2-4 slices lime
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup your favorite tequila
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 lime, sliced
- Coarse salt as needed to coat glass rims
1. Place ice in blender. Add zest, juice, 1/2 cup sugar, tequila and Grand Marnier. Blend until smooth, then taste and adjust ingredients as desired.
2. Run lime slice around rim of glass to moisten. Place salt on flat plate, large enough to accommodate rim of glass. Rub glass rim into salt. Pour margarita into glass and serve.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Aug. 5, 2011.