Recipe: Curried Chicken and Mango Salad
Fresh peaches would be marvelous substituted for the mangos, if desired.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Time: (not including poaching chicken) 25 minutes
Cost: Approx. $12.50
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger?
- 2 tablespoons lime juice?
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder?
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper ?
- 1/4 cup peanut or canola oil ?
- 4 cups sliced chicken breast (4 large poached breast halves)?
- 2 mangoes, peeled, cut away from the pit and diced (2 cups)?
- 1/2 cup currants or black raisins?
- 1 cup cashews? 1/2 cup sliced scallions? Radicchio or lettuce leaf cups, optional
1. Combine ginger, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of curry and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne. Whisk in oil and season to taste with kosher salt.
2. Gently toss the chicken, mangoes, currants, cashews and scallions with the dressing. Season to taste with kosher salt, adding additional curry powder and cayenne to taste. ?
3. If time allows, let the flavors combine, refrigerated, 1-2 hours. Serve in radicchio or lettuce cups, if using.
This recipe was written by Peggy Lampman and originally posted on AnnArbor.com on Sept. 17, 2010.